Searing makes a good steak taste even better!
1. Pre-heat your oven to 225°F (107°C).
2. Season your steak with salt and pepper.
3. Set up a guided cook in the MEATER app and insert your MEATER probe into your steak.
4. Add a custom alert to remind you to light your charcoal chimney 10 minutes before the cook ends.
5. Place your meat in the oven.
6. When the 10 minute alert you set goes off, light your charcoal chimney so that your grill will be ready to sear the steak.
7. When the app alerts you, remove your steak from the oven and let it rest on a room temperature surface. Set an internal temperature alert to notify you when the steak’s internal temperature reaches 115°F (46°C). While you wait, it’s a good idea to coat your steak in olive oil, and to re-apply salt and pepper if necessary.
8. When your second alert goes off, it’s time to start searing! Bring the steak out to your grill, prepare the charcoal in the base of the grill, then sear the steak for one minute on each side.
9. Once the sear is complete, your steak is ready to eat!