Get ready to ignite the flames of romance this Valentine’s Day with our sizzling recipe: Tomahawk On Fire! This playful and easy recipe is not just about cooking a steak; it’s about sparking fireworks of flavor and love. With a twirl of twine and a sprinkle of sea salt magic, you’ll set the stage for a romantic grilling experience for your boo. Every sizzle and crackle will be stoking the fires of your love. Get ready to impress your partner and turn up the heat with Tomahawk On Fire!
- Tomahawk steak
- Sea salt flakes
- Avocado oil
- Begin by setting your Traeger’s temperature to a toasty 250°F (211°C), allowing it to reach optimal smoking conditions.
- Next, tie the tomahawk steak with twine, ensuring its shape remains intact throughout the smoking process. Coat it generously with avocado oil and sprinkle sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper all over the steak. Allow the steak to rest and soak up the flavorful seasoning while the grill preheats.
- Once you are ready to cook, insert the MEATER 2 Plus probe into the thickest part of the tomahawk, avoiding the bone. Whatever doneness level you prefer, your MEATER will have your back. For a perfect medium-rare, set your desired target temperature to 125°F (57°C) in the MEATER App and begin your cook.
- After inserting your MEATER probe, place the seasoned steak directly on the grill grates, close the lid, and smoke until the MEATER App notifies you to remove it from the heat.
- Once you have removed the tomahawk from the smoker, allow your steak to rest. The MEATER App will also alert you once your meat has finished resting.
- Finally, heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and sear both sides of the steak to crispy perfection! Enjoy with one of our recommended butter or sauce recipes! Bon appétit!