For best results, mix direct and indirect heat!
- Before starting your cook, use a charcoal chimney to heat up your charcoal, then pour the charcoal into one side of your grill. This way, one side of your grill offers direct heat, whereas the other side will provide indirect heat.
2. Season your steak with salt, pepper, and oil.
3. Sear your steak over direct heat for 1.5-2 minutes on each side (don’t forget to sear the edges!)
4. Remove your steak from direct heat, then insert the MEATER probe into the thickest part of the meat.
4. Place your steak on the side of the grill that you did not pour charcoal into, so that it continues to cook via indirect heat. Once this is done, set up a guided cook in your MEATER app to monitor your cook’s progress.
5. When the app alerts you, remove your steak from indirect heat, and let it rest on a room temperature surface.
6. When your steak is done resting, you’re all ready to eat!