Roses are red, violets are blue. MEATER is going to show you how to make dinner for two! Seafood and steak, AKA the power couple of romantic dinners. This delicious, mouthwatering recipe is a fool-proof way to win someone’s heart with just one bite! 🤩
- 2 filet mignons
- 2 lobster tail
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- 6 garlic cloves, 2 minced and 4 thinly sliced
- 1 ½ lemon, juiced and zested
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 ½ tsp chili flakes
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemon wedges
- MEATER Block
- Smoker or oven
- Air fryer
- 130°F – Filet mignon
- 140°F – Lobster tail
- 1 hour
1. Let’s get cookin’! Start off by preheating your smoker or oven to 350°F. Now, grab your filet mignons and pat them dry with a paper towel to get all that moisture out. This will help achieve a nice crust! Once both cuts are dry, season with salt and pepper.
2. Place one probe into each filet mignon and set up the cook in the MEATER app. We recommend a target internal temperature of 130°F for juicy, tender goodness, but you can adjust this depending on your liking. 🤤
3. Once MEATER notifies you to remove the filet mignons from heat, rest them on a wooden cutting board or resting rack. Then, crank up your smoker to 400°F. On a baking tray, toss broccolini together with olive oil, chili flakes, 2 thinly sliced garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Let the broccolini roast in the smoker for about 25-30 minutes. Halfway through, toss the broccolini around!
4. Now that the filet mignons have rested, carefully remove the probes and take out a cast iron, it’s sizzlin’ time! Drizzle olive oil on the pan and sear each side for about 1 minute over medium-high heat. While searing, baste the meats with 2 tbsp of butter and the remaining sliced garlic!
5. You’re almosttttt there, it’s lobster time! Preheat your air fryer or oven to 350°F. Grab your scissors and carefully butterfly, clean, and season the lobster tails with salt, pepper, and paprika. Then, insert the probes into each tail and set up the cook in the app. We recommend a target internal temperature of 140°F. Once the cook is set up, let the tails get cooking!
6. Now prepare the garlic lemon butter sauce! In a small pot over low-medium heat, melt the remaining butter and add minced garlic, lemon juice, zest, and chives. Once MEATER notifies you to remove the lobsters from heat, brush each tail with the butter sauce!
7. Plating time! Each plate should have one filet mignon, one lobster tail, some delicious broccolini, butter dipping sauce, and a slice of lemon wedge for a fancy touch. Your date better be speechless.