What better way to celebrate Mardi Gras than with a large platter of cajun deliciousness alllllll to yourself?! You could share… if you really want to. Enough talking, Mardi party on, and eat your heart out with no shame. 😍 It’s time to get jazzy.
- 3 corn on the cob, cut into half pieces
- 1 head green cauliflower, cut into florets
- 10 purple potatoes, halved
- 1.8lb (5) andouille sausage
- 1lb (25) shrimp, deveined
- Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning (or your favorite)
- MEATER Plus
- Smoker or oven
- Deep pot
- Baking sheets (2)
- 160°F – Sausage
- 1 – 2 hours
1. First things first, preheat your smoker to 200°F, we’re going low and slowwwww. In a separate bowl, combine the shrimp, 3 tbsp of oil, and 2 tsp of cajun seasoning. Cajun seasoning is a pretty bead deal in this recipe. Mix and evenly coat the shrimp. Then, cover the bowl and let it marinade in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
2. It’s sausage party time! Place your sausages onto a baking sheet and insert your MEATER Plus probe into the sausage. Set up cook in the app with a target internal temperature of 160°F. Then, create a custom alert to notify you 30 minutes before the sausage cook ends. You could give the alert a fun name like, “Add shrimpies.” Once you’re finished with the app set up, it’s finally time to put the sausage in the smoker!
3. Once you get notified to “Add shrimpies,” thread each skewer with shrimp and place it onto the baking tray and smoke until MEATER notifies you to remove the sausage from heat.
4. While those are smoking, fill a large pot with salted water and bring it to a boil. Add corn and cook for 5 minutes, then remove. Add cauliflower florets into the same boiling water and cook for 3 minutes, then remove. Lastly, add the cut potatoes to the water and cook for around 8-10 minutes until fork tender, then remove. Don’t forget to keep track of the sausage and shrimp cook! Once MEATER says “Remove from heat!” remove both sheets from heat.
5. Now, let’s bump up the smoker to 400°F. Place all the vegetables you just prepped onto a separate baking sheet, toss with 2 tbsp of oil, 4 tbsp of cajun seasoning, and pop them into the smoker for 25-28 minutes or until crispy.
6. On a large platter, plate the sausages, shrimp, and vegetables and you’re done! So make a hurrican drink and enjoy it with this yummylicious platter you just made! As the NOLA locals would say, let the good times roll.