POV: You are hosting a dinner for people you want to impress, but you are freaking out because you don’t have much time. We’re here to rescue you! This easy and elegant recipe takes less than an hour to make, and is a sure way to impress your guests! You can never go wrong with a simple steak, but we amped it up with a special red wine sauce that is purely chef’s kiss! 🤌
- 1 lb. sirloin steak
- 4 tsp. shallots, minced
- ½ cup of red wine
- 1 cup of beef stock
- 4 tbsp. of butter
- 1 tbsp. of parsley, minced
- Salt and pepper
- MEATER Plus
- Smoker or oven
- Large skillet
- 130°F – Juicy medium rare
- 45 minutes
1. It’s time to throw down in the kitchen! Preheat your oven to 300°F, then grab a paper towel, and pat the sirloin dry. Once it’s as dry as the Sahara desert, season the entire cut with salt and pepper.
2. Now, insert the probe into the center of the thickest part of the meat past the safety notch line. Then set up the cook in the app with a target internal temperature of 130°F for maximum juiciness. After that, place the sirloin in the smoker, sit back and chillax while MEATER does the work for you.
3. As soon as MEATER notifies you to remove from heat, let the steak rest on a wooden cutting board or resting rack until the internal temperature drops about 15°F.
4. Once resting is complete, remove the probe, and drizzle oil on a large skillet. Let the oil get HOT so when you sear all sides of the steak, you’ll have a beautiful crust. Then, let the steak rest for a few minutes again.
5. On the same pan, add minced shallots and sauté for 2 minutes over medium heat. De-glaze with the red wine and reduce over high heat until the mix is almost dry.
6. Next, pour in the beef broth and reduce again over medium heat. Then strain the sauce, and return it back to the pan and reduce until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. You’re almost there!
7. Remove the pan from heat. Add some butter, parsley, and salt to the sauce and stir to combine everything together. Voilà! You may now slice the steak and sauce it up! Tastier than a 5-star restaurant, and it took less than an hour.