Salmon is always a great way to cook a healthy, restaurant-quality meal any night of the week without slaving away in the kitchen. If you’re looking for a meal that’s convenient, delicious and will make you look like an absolute pro, we’ve got you covered! This is the perfect dish for any weeknight with the family or even a dinner party with some friends.
- 2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 fillets
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 cup yellow/orange cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped for garnish
1. First things first, let’s start by preheating the oven to 250°F (121°C).
2. Time to whip up the delicious marinade. Grab your small bowl and whisk in the spices: turmeric, lemon pepper, ground ginger, celery salt, onion powder, dill, sea salt and olive oil.
3. Lay your fillets on a roasting pan and brush all sides of the fillets with the seasoned olive oil marinade you just made. Best believe this marinade is going to take your salmon to the next level!
4. Now, let’s introduce your MEATER to the salmon fillet. Insert the probe in the thickest part of the fillet so that you ensure it is cooked to perfection! Place it in the oven and roast until the internal temperature reaches 123°F (50°C).
5. While your salmon is roasting you can clean and prep your veggies for later. All you have to do is cut the ends off your asparagus and you’re good to go!
6. Once MEATER notifies you that they’re ready, take them out of the oven and give your fillets a little break. Follow the app instructions and let them rest before pulling out the probe.
7. As your fillets rest you can grab your trusty cast iron skillet, add a little oil and heat it up until it’s just barely smoking.
8. Cue the sizzle! Remove your probe and sear the fillets for about a minute on each side to get a nice little crust on them.
9. But wait, there’s more! Using that same skillet, it’s now time for your asparagus and tomatoes to sear. Cook them for about 2-3 minutes until they’re looking bronzed and beautiful. Hit ’em with a little salt and pepper and they’re ready for plating.
10. Pull out a large platter and place your salmon on there, along with the veggies. Garnish it all off with some of that chopped parsley for a nice touch of green on your plate. Ready to serve and DEVOUR LIKE A MOTHERFATHER!