Elevate your cooking expertise with this easy yet sophisticated recipe that’s bound to leave your guests craving more. Our Orange Glazed Traeger-Smoked Duck Breast is not just a dish, it’s an unforgettable journey for your taste buds. Let the harmonious blend of smokiness and citrusy sweetness transport you to culinary bliss! Enjoy the applause as you unveil this culinary masterpiece at your next gathering. This recipe is perfect for all skill levels and is sure to be a fan favorite.
- 1 duck breast
- 1 tablespoon Traeger’s Garlic & Chili Pepper Rub
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin
- 2 tablespoon marmalade
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Juice from 1 whole orange
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- It’s time to make some delicious orange glazed duck! Before you begin to cook, preheat your Traeger or smoker to 275°F (135°C).
- While the Traeger or smoker preheats, score the duck’s skin in a 1/4-inch diamond pattern. Generously season both sides with Traeger’s Garlic & Chili Pepper Rub.
- Once the Traeger has finished preheating, insert the MEATER 2 Plus probe in the thickest part of the breast, and set the desired temperature to 130°F (54°C) in the MEATER App. You’re setting the stage for a flavor-packed cook!
- Next, place the seasoned duck breast on the Traeger’s grate. Close the lid and let the magic unfold as the duck cooks to a perfect medium-rare at 130°F (54°C). The MEATER App will alert you when to remove the duck from the Traeger and then notify you once more when the duck has finished resting.
- After a well-deserved rest, sear the duck breast skin side down in a pan until it transforms into golden, crispy perfection.
- In the same pan, combine rice wine vinegar, hoisin, marmalade, sesame oil, and the juice from one whole orange. Simmer until the sauce achieves a luxurious consistency that coats the back of a spoon.
- Cut the duck breast up into even parts, drizzle it with the drool-worthy orange glaze, and garnish with sesame seeds for that extra touch of sophistication. You did it!