This is a cocktail full of suave simplicity, with a slightly different spin. Old Fashioned done with a new fashion. It’s got sugar, spice, and everything nice. 🥃 Are you ready to find out why it’s been popular for like… ever?
- 1/2 tsp. of honey
- 5-6 dashes of grapefruit bitters
- 2 oz. of bourbon
- 1 large ice cube
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 bunch of mint leaves
- 3-5 minutes, depending on how thirsty you are
1. Add the honey to a rocks glass.
*Pro tip: if your honey has crystallized, you can microwave it in a microwave-safe dish to melt it.
2. Add the 5-6 dashes of grapefruit bitters.
3. Mix the bitters and honey to dissolve the honey.
4. Pour 2 oz. of bourbon.
5. Add the bourbon and a large ice cube, then gently stir to combine.
6. Shave a grapefruit peel. Gently twist to release the oils and aroma. Carefully torch the peel for a few seconds then rub the rim of your glass with the peel.
7. Take a mint leaf and clap it to release its aromas.
8. Garnish your drink. Bonus points if you can get the garnish to sit on top of the ice cube. 😉
For the more traditional recipe with angostura bitters, a Luxardo cherry, and a happy hour that lasts for days, watch the video below.