Proper probe placement ensures your meal is delicious.
It’s important to follow the MEATER safety insertion instructions each time you cook. Doing this ensures that you will receive consistently accurate food temperature measurements, and also protects the MEATER probe’s internal electronics from heat.
1. The MEATER probe must be inserted so that the surface of the meat is positioned between the safety notch and the ambient tip.
2. The internal sensor must be inserted into the middle of the thickest part of the meat.
3. Identify the thickest part of your meat, making sure to avoid any bones or large pieces of fat. Hold the probe up to the meat to find the best insertion point. You’ll know you’ve found the right spot when the safety notch can be completely inserted into the steak.
4. Insert the probe, taking care to ensure that it is in the center of the meat.
5. Once the probe has been inserted, you’re ready to set up a cook on the MEATER app!