Beyoncé and Jay-Z, Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds, Traeger and MEATER… what power couples! Traeger Provisions brings chef-quality meals straight to your home! Each box comes with literally everything you need from Poulet Rouge heritage chicken, marinade, and sauces. If you didn’t know, now you know. The Maple Dijon Chicken Meal Kit will leave your entire family begging for another round. Throw in the MEATER Block with this recipe, and you can LITERALLY do nothing wrong. Grab your provisions box, MEATER Block, and FIRE UP your Traeger.
Traeger Provisions Meal Kit Includes:
- 4x Half Chickens with Maple Dijon Marinade
- 2x Side Dishes Of Your Choice
- Rubs, Sauces & Extras
- 6-8 hungry peeps
- 165°F – Perfect and juicy
- 1 day and 90 minutes
1. We hope you enjoyed that unboxing reveal, we LOVED it. Once you’ve soaked in how amazing this box is, go ahead and transfer the chicken and sides into the fridge to thaw, but keep them in the original packaging!
2. Once the chickens are fully defrosted, remove them from the packaging, rinse them clean, and then pat each chicken dry with a paper towel. Now it’s marinating time! Transfer the half chickens into the provided sealable marinating bag, aka Ziploc. Cut open one marinade bag and pour it all over the chickens. Pour it up like Rihanna. Then seal the bag with as little air in it as possible, place it in a large bowl, and refrigerate overnight.
3. Morning! It’s time to remove the chickens from the bag and place them on a roasting pan or cutting board. Remove any peppercorns, herbs, or garlic remaining on the chickens. Then apply about 1/4 of the Pork & Poultry Rub to each half chicken. Once all the chickens are perfectly seasoned, let the chickens rest, uncovered meat side up, for at least 30 minutes. They’re going to be SO flavorful.
4. Grab your handy dandy MEATER Block, and probe each half chicken in the center of the thickest portion. Set up the cook in the app with a target internal temperature of 165°F. The chicken is going to be perfectly cooked and oh-so-juicaaaay.
5. Let’s get smoking… pellet smoking that is. 😉 Make sure your hopper is full of pellets. Then set your Traeger to 375°F and preheat with the lid closed. Place the chickens on the grill grate, meat side-down, and set up a custom alert in the app to flip the chicken after 30 minutes. The chickens will take about 1 hour to cook, so you may want to start some of your sides a bit earlier or later than the chickens, so everything is ready at the same time.
6. Flip the chickens and cook until MEATER notifies you to remove them from heat. You see those B-E-A-utiful grill grate marks? Picasso. 🤌🏽
7. Remove the chickens from heat, but don’t remove the probes just yet! Let the chickens rest breast side up on a cutting board until MEATER tells you it’s ready! This should take another 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on your sides while this is resting! 👀
8. Voila! Once everything is out of the smoker and ready to serve, carve up those chickens and get your grub on!
Get your very own Provisions Meal Kit here with $25 off your first box with the code MEATER25 💸
(Offer only valid for first-time continental US customers until 5/20/22)