Rhonda and Glen aka @MacDogMac on Instagram, have created the best lobster recipe for your lobster —Friends reference, get it? Anyway, if your special date likes seafood, what better meal to make than a special lobster dinner? If you want to elevate this meal, check out our ribeye with compound butter recipe, so you can add some turf to this surf recipe. Treat your date to a special meal from the comfort of home. Check out Rhonda and Glen’s tasty work for more recipe inspiration!
- 3 or 4 lobster tails fresh or defrosted
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 2 tbsp. minced flat leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Garlic Lemon Lobster
1. First things first, cut open (aka butterfly) the lobster tail shells by using sharp kitchen scissors to cut down the center of the spine starting from the body towards the tail.
2. Once you’ve got a nice straight opening down the middle, carefully lift the meat out of the shell. Tip: turn the lobster tail upside down and squeeze the bottom of the shell towards the cut opening until you hear a slight crack. Then, turn right side up again and roll your fingers around the shell to loosen the meat and lift the flesh but do not detach from the tail end and lay on top of the shell.
3. Add melted butter, chopped parsley, crushed garlic, and lemon juice into a small bowl. Brush the lobster meat generously with the garlic lemon butter, then grab your handy dandy MEATER probe(s) and insert into the center of the thickest part of the lobster meat, past the safety notch line. Then set up your cook in the app with a target internal temperature of 140°F, not too firm or undercooked. Set up a custom alert in the app to notify you 2 minutes before the cook ends.
4. Place the lobster tails into the smoker and baste them with butter every few minutes. When MEATER alerts you that there are only 2 minutes left, place the flesh side down on the grate to get some more color on the meat.
5. Alert, alert! The tails are ready to be removed from heat! Let them rest on a plate or cutting board, and let them rest until MEATER notifies you that resting is complete, you can enjoy them alone or make some delicious ribeyes to have a special surf n’ turf!