Weekends are for sleeping in and enjoying a nice and hearty breakfast or a fun brunch! We have the perfect steak & eggs recipe that’s easy to whip up, but also so delicious you’ll want to make this recipe all the time. This explosion of flavor and heat will ignite your tastebuds with every bite.
- MEATER Plus
- Traeger Flat Rock or cast iron skillet
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Total Time : 1 hour 10 mins
- Cook Time : Trust MEATER
- 127°F (53°C) – medium rare
- T-bone steak
- Traeger Prime Rib Rub
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons (or more if you like a good kick) Fly by Jing chili oil
- 1 red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (15g coriander)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (26g spring onions)
- 2 bell peppers
1. Let’s turn up the heat! Set your grill to 275°F (135°C) and preheat.
2. While your grill is getting hot, give your steak a little spa day. Massage it with the Traeger Prime Rib Rub to give it a nice coat of that seasoning.
3. Probe o’clock! Insert the probe into the center of your steak, making sure that it goes into the thickest part of the meat and set your cook to your desired doneness. We like our steak medium rare so we set it to 127°F (53°C).
4. Get grilling! Place your steak on your grill and let it do its thing. Your MEATER App will let you know once it’s all done cooking.
5. While that’s going, you can get choppin’. Chop up all your veggies to bite-sized pieces and get them ready to go.
6. If you have a Traeger Flat Rock, get the heat going on that. No worries if you don’t, you can do this next part right on a really hot cast iron pan too. Either way, MEATER will let you know your steak is ready to start searing.
7. May the searing commence! Make sure you sear your steak on all sides so you get a nice crust. Toss in your red onions and bell peppers to get all the juicy flavor from the steak cooked into the veggies too.
8. Remove the steak and veggies and garnish it with the scallions and cilantro you prepped earlier.
9. All that’s left are the eggs and you’ll be ready to feast. Break a couple of eggs and cook them sunny side up so you get that beautiful runny yolk. Once the whites are set you can drizzle on the chili oil for a nice kick and an extra layer of flavor.
10. Plate your eggs with the steak and indulge!