If you’re looking for the perfect summer BBQ recipe, this is it. Get ready for juicy pork chops and a bourbon peach BBQ sauce so sweet and tangy, you didn’t know you needed it until now. So fire up those coals, things are about to heat up. 🔥
- MEATER Plus
- Charcoal grill
- Deep pot
- Stove or induction cooker
- Prep – 10 minutes
- Cook – 90 minutes
- 145°F – Juicy and tender 😉
- (2) 1½ lb. double boned pork chops
- Salt and pepper
Bourbon Peach BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp neutral oil (i.e. grapeseed oil or vegetable oil)
- ⅓ cup white onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup peach, diced
- ½ cup bourbon whiskey
- 1 ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp liquid smoke
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 ½ tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
1. It’s time to fire it up! 🔥 Open up that grill and get your coals ready! To do this, you can pile the lit coals on one side of the grill leaving an open space on the opposite side, or you can use deflector plates if you have them!
2. While the coals are heating up, let’s work on the sauce. Drizzle oil in a pot over medium heat. Toss in the minced onion, garlic, and diced peaches, then sauté for 2 minutes. Deglaze with whiskey and reduce for 10 minutes. Stir in ketchup, liquid smoke, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Mmmm, it’s starting to smell amazing, huh? Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stir the sauce occasionally!
3. Add the sauce to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Take the pork chops out and season them with salt and pepper. Brush each side with the delicious BBQ sauce you just blended.
5. Once ⅔ of your charcoal are nice and white and your grill is warmed up, it’s time to sear! Be sure the probe is not inserted in the meat yet, then sear all sides of the pork chops for 1-2 minutes on a charcoal grill grate, above the pile of lit coals. Your pork chops should look UH-MAZING by now.
6. Once you’re happy with the crust, remove the pork chops from heat and place them on a resting rack or wooden cutting board for 5-10 minutes. Grab your trusty MEATER Plus and carefully insert the probe into the thickest part of each chop, be careful to avoid getting near the bone. Remember, the chops are HOT, so you might want to use a pair of tongs. Set up the cook in the app with an internal target temperature of 145°F.
7. Return to the grill and cook over indirect heat until MEATER says it’s done!
8. Occasionally brush each chop with more BBQ sauce and flip. When MEATER notifies you to remove from heat, rest each cut before slicing. We know, it’s tempting to eat now, but resting them will result in juicier bites! 💦
9. When the resting stage is complete, slice those bad boys up and serve with extra sauce or a side salad of grilled peaches and arugula. Chef’s kiss! 😙🤌🏽