Shake things up with a spicy and savory twist on a classic pasta dish! Our Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is bursting with flavor and just the right amount of heat. It’s perfect for impressing your family and friends at your next get-together. So put on your apron and get ready to create a masterpiece that’s sure to have everyone begging for seconds!
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 1 qt. heavy cream
- 1 lb. (450g) fettuccine
- 4 tbsp. cajun seasoning (2 tbsp. reserved for sauce)
- 1 ½ tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 ½ tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small shallot (minced)
- 5 tbsp. butter
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- shredded parmesan cheese (to taste and garnish)
- freshly chopped parsley (to garnish)
1. Cook the pasta in heavily salted water until it’s al dente. Once it’s cooked, drain it, set it aside, and then drizzle it with some delicious olive oil to avoid any of the noodles sticking together,
2. It’s time to season and cook those chicken breasts to juicy perfection! Rub them with oil, then give them a generous coat of cajun rub, salt, and pepper. Make sure to rub the seasoning in real good before inserting the MEATER probe(s) in the center of the thickest part of the chicken, past the safety notch line. Set the cook to an internal temperature of 165°F / 74°C or your preferred doneness, then place the chicken in the oven or smoker and let MEATER do its thing while you get the sauce ready.
3. While the chicken is cooking, it’s time to make the creamy sauce! In a saucepan on medium heat, add butter, shallots, garlic, and heavy cream. Whisk away until everything is combined and the mixture comes to a simmer. Then reduce the heat to low and add a squeeze of lemon, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cajun seasoning, and as much shredded parmesan as your heart desires. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and give it a good mixy-mix.
4. MEATER will notify you once the chicken is ready, so take ’em out and let ’em rest before slicing. Place those juicy chicken slices on top of the pasta, and then season everything with even more parmesan and freshly chopped parsley if you want to take it up a notch! Bon appétit!