Our buffalo chicken dip is exactly what you need for your next party or game day! This creamy, cheesy, flavorful dip is a crowd-pleaser whether you’re watching your favorite team play a game or just need something delicious for the soul. Look no further because our buffalo chicken dip is here to spice up your life!
- 1 whole chicken (4 lb/ 1.8 kg)
- Traeger Chicken Rub
- 3 cups hot pepper sauce (e.g. Frank’s RedHot®)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups ranch dressing
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 oz. block Velveeta
- 1 ranch seasoning packet
- 3 tablespoons chives chopped
- Tortilla chips (as many bags as you’d like)
1. First step, preheat the smoker or oven to 275°F (135°C).
2. While your cooker is heating up, you can start by prepping and cleaning your chicken.
3. When the chicken has been cleaned up, we can give him a little rub down with the Traeger Chicken Rub and get it nice and coated in all the flavor.
4. Let’s get probin’! Insert your probe in the thickest part of the chicken, the breast. Set up your cook in your MEATER app, put your chicken in your smoker or oven and wait for that notification!
5. Once the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C), remove it from the smoker/oven and set it aside. Increase the temperature to 350°F (175°C) so it’s nice and hot for phase 2 of your cook.
6. Without burning your fingers (you can also use two forks for this part), start shredding that entire chicken. Then, take your shredded chicken, along with all the rest of the ingredients (minus the chives) and combine them into your cast iron.
7. Put the cast iron back in your smoker/oven for 40 minutes and occasionally stir up that gooey, cheesy goodness!
8. After your dip is all melted and combined and has a nice crust, carefully take it off the heat and top it with your chopped chives.
9. You can transfer to a serving bowl or start dipping your chips directly in the cast iron. Either way, everyone is going to LOVE this dip!