Whoever said healthy food can’t be delicious was seriously mistaken. Rhonda and Glen, aka @MacDogMac on Instagram, have created this delicious Bruschetta Chicken recipe filled with mouthwatering Mediterranean flavors! It’s healthy, quick, and easy to prep and cook! Check out Rhonda and Glen’s tasty work for more recipe inspiration!
- MEATER Block
- Measuring cups
- Garlic press
- Heavy bottom frying pan
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Small mixing bowl
- Small sauce bowl
- Prep – 5 minutes
- Cook – 15 minutes
- 170°F – Fully cooked chicken!
- 2 chicken breasts (use 1 breast per person)
- 2 slices Gouda cheese (or your choice of cheese)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 lg clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic glaze (optional)
1. Let’s begin! Finely dice the tomatoes and red onion, then add to a small mixing bowl. In a smaller sauce bowl, add balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, salt, olive oil, and mix away! Pour this mixture over the tomatoes and red onion, and stir, stir, stir. Get a good wrist workout in!
2. Chicken time! Dry the chicken breasts with a paper towel. Then mix together the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. Rub both sides of the chicken with olive oil, then rub the seasonings you just mixed all over those bad boys. Add olive oil to a frying pan, and let it heat over medium/high.
3. Now, grab your handy dandy MEATER Block and insert the probes into the center of the thickest part of each chicken, past the safety notch line. Then set up your cook in the app with a target internal temperature of 170°F (or to your liking), no undercooked chicken around here! Set a custom alert in the app for 3 minutes to remind you to flip the chicken over. We’re all about even tanning.
4. Place the chicken onto the frying pan, then flip it when MEATER alerts you. After flipping, add the white wine or chicken broth to the pan. When you reach the last 2 minutes of the cook, add the Gouda cheese directly on top of the chicken.
5. Alert, alert! The chicken is ready to be removed from heat. Let it rest on a plate until MEATER notifies you it’s ready, then top it with bruschetta and a balsamic glaze drizzle. Serve with a side of salad and voilà, dig in and enjoy!