Save that steakhouse money. We’ve got you covered with a classic recipe you can make right at home! Smoky, creamy, and freaking delicious! This recipe takes less than an hour to make and pairs great with veggies, rice, or salad, it’s up to you.
- 1 lb. boneless ribeye
- 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. of shallots, minced
- 1/3 cup of brandy or cognac
- ¾ cup of beef broth
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- 1 ½ tsp. of black peppercorns
- 1 tsp. of parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp. of oil
- Salt and pepper
- MEATER Plus
- Smoker or oven
- Large pan or cast iron
- 130°F – Internal temp. before reverse searing! End result: juicy, medium rare
- 55 minutes
1. LEZZGO! Preheat your smoker to 300°F, then pat dry the ribeye with a paper towel. Now season with salt and pepper, and don’t be shy!
2. Once it’s seasoned to your liking, insert the probe into the center of the thickest portion of the meat. Then open the MEATER app and set the internal temperature to 130°F for that perfect, juicy, medium-rare. Place the steak into the smoker and relax until the app notifies you to remove it from the heat!
3. Remove the steak from heat once you receive the alert then rest the meat on a wooden cutting board or resting rack. Don’t remove the probe just yet!
4. Once the resting period is complete, remove the probe and place a cast iron or pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle on some oil and sear all sides of the steak for about 1-2 minutes. When you’re happy with the crust, remove the steak from the pan and allow resting again before slicing.
5. While the meat is resting, use a mortar and pestle or spice grinder to coarsely crush the black peppercorns. Smell that? It’s peppery, smokey goodness. This step is a lot of fun, if you don’t think so… you’re lying.
6. In the same pan, melt 2 tbsp. of butter over medium heat and add in the shallots and sauté for 2 minutes until soft. Then, turn off the heat and carefully add brandy. Don’t forget to pour yourself a glass too. 😉 Back on the heat, stir the mixture until it’s reduced about halfway, which takes about 1-2 minutes, then pour in the beef broth. Once you’ve brought it to a boil, reduce it for 3-4 minutes. Now, add the cream, crushed black pepper, and salt, and cook until thickened. Remove the pan from heat, add the remaining butter (1 tbsp.), and stir until it’s melted.
7. By now, you’re all done with the sauce and the steak should be completely rested! Slice that beautifully crusted steak, drizzle creamy black peppercorn sauce on top, garnish with parsley, and munch away!