Before you think about seasoning your steak with salt and pepper, give this ancho espresso rub a try. Once you take a bite, the combination of earthy, smoky, and bold flavors is going to rock your world. 😎
- MEATER Plus
- Air fryer
- Saran wrap
- Prep – 5 minutes
- Cook – 35 minutes
- 131°F – We prefer medium rare if you can’t tell 😉
- 1 tbsp. of softened unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. of chives, chopped
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- 1 1lb. boneless ribeye, (1 ½-2 inch thickness)
- 2 tsp. of espresso powder
- 1 ½ tsp. of ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- 2 tsp. of brown sugar
- ½ tsp. of mustard powder
- ½ tsp. of oregano
- ¼ tsp. of ginger powder
- 1 tsp. of salt
- ½ tsp. of black pepper
- Chopped chives, garnish
1. Let’s start with one of the best creations known to mankind: compound butter. In a small bowl, combine the softened unsalted butter, chopped chives, and salt.
2. Transfer the mixed butter to a large piece of saran wrap, roll it into a tight log, and let it harden in the refrigerator. The butter should be hardened by the time the steak is ready, so don’t worry about timing! 😌
3. In a small bowl, combine the espresso powder, ancho chili powder, paprika, brown sugar, mustard powder, oregano, ginger powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix it all together, and now you’ve got an amazing rub that will not only be great on this steak but can be used for chicken too!
4. Steak time! Pat the ribeye dry with a paper towel, then coat the entire cut with the seasoning. Let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, it’s going to soak in all that goodness like a sponge.
5. While that sits, preheat the air fryer to 300°F. Take your MEATER plus and insert the probe into the center of the thickest part of the ribeye. Set up the cook in the app with a target internal temperature of 131°F if you like rare to medium-rare doneness. Then, set up a custom alert in the app to notify you to flip the steak halfway through the cook.
6. Place the ribeye in the air fryer and let MEATER go to work! Don’t forget to flip the steak when you get your custom alert. 😉
7. Once MEATER notifies you to remove from heat, take the ribeye out and immediately place it on a cooling rack, and let it rest with the sliced compound butter on top until MEATER says the resting is complete. Make sure you leave the probe inserted!
8. After resting is done, slice that ribeye up, garnish with more chives, and serve! Enjoy!