A. "Non-‐Personal Information" is information that is in no way personally identifiable and that is obtained automatically through your simple use of the Services.
B. "Personally Identifiable Information" is non-‐public information that is personally identifiable and obtained in connection with providing a product or service to you. It may include information such as name and address.
2. Information Collected
When you enter the Websites, or use the Products, the Apps or the Cloud Services, we collect Non-‐Personal Information such as your browser type and IP address. Likewise, in order to offer you meaningful products and services and for other reasons, we may collect Personally Identifiable Information about you from the following sources:
- Information you give us on applications or other forms on the Websites, the Apps or the Cloud Services; or
- Information you send us via any medium, including, but not limited to email, telephone, and social media interaction; or
- If you use a mobile device platform to access the Websites, the Apps or the Cloud Services or communicate with Apption Labs, information transmitted from your mobile device; or
- Information purchased from third parties.
In order to become a User (as defined in the Terms), you must provide us with a combination of the following information to create an account: name and email address, plus a username and/or password. In the alternative, you may also provide a link to your social media account to become a User. We may request other information from you during or after the registration process that we use to provide better and more customized services to Users. You acknowledge that this information is personal to you, and by creating an account on any of the Websites, the Apps or the Cloud Services, such as https://www.meater.com, you may allow others, including Apption Labs, to identify you and to allow us to use your information in accordance with the Terms.
B. Customer Service
We collect information when you interact with our Customer Service in order to accurately categorize and respond to customer inquiries and investigate breaches of our terms.
C. Using Third Party Services and Visiting Third Party Websites
E. Web Beacons
F. Log files, IP Addresses and Information about Your Computer and Mobile device.
Due to the communications standards on the Internet, when you visit the Websites, the Apps or the Cloud Services, we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the Websites. Apption Labs also receives the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, your mobile device (including your UDID) and mobile operating system (if you are accessing the Websites using a mobile device), as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. We may also receive location data passed to it from third-‐party services or GPS-‐enabled devices that you have enabled. Also, as described above in Section 2. C., Apption Labs receives information when you access third-‐party web pages through the Services. The link between your IP address and your personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties without your permission.
4. Use of Personally Identifiable Information
Apption Labs uses and/or intends to use Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve the Websites, the Products, the Apps and the Cloud Services;
- Provide Users with the Services and other products and services that a User may request or that a User has expressed in terest in;
- Facilitate subscription processing, reviews and analysis;
- Evaluate User interest and needs in order to improve the Services and make available other offers, products or services;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services we make available to Users and potential Users;
- Track use of the Services;
- Provide customer support;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to Users through email or other means, such as special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages, service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through email messages; and
- Manage our everyday business needs such as Website administration, management, fulfillment, analytics, fraud preven tion, and enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations, Terms and Conditions or to comply with the law.
5. Links/Postings to Other Websites.
The Websites, the Apps or the Cloud Services may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the actions, practices, or content of such websites linked to or from the Websites, the Apps or the Cloud Services. You understand that such websites may have their own legal documents to which you must agree to prior to using and that we have no control over these legal documents. As always, you understand that it is your responsibility to verify your legal use of a website as well as use of information from the website with the corresponding website owner.
6. Market Research.
7. Use of Aggregate Data.
Apption Labs may combine Non-‐Personal Information you provide through the Websites with information from other users to create aggregate data that may be disclosed to third parties. Aggregate information does not contain any information that could be used to identify you and does not include your personal contact information.
8. When We May Disclose Your Information.
Except as set forth below or as specifically agreed to by you, Apption Labs will not disclose any Personally Identifiable Information as gathered from you on the Websites, the Apps or the Cloud Services.
A. We may share Personally Identifiable information in limited fashion to our contractors and service providers that perform services on our behalf, including, but not limited to, operation of the Websites’ technology, marketing services, and other related services. Unless you have opted-‐out (see Section 8.B. below) of such sharing, these contractors also may have access to your email address to send newsletters or special promotions to you on our behalf or to send emails to you for purposes such as conducting market research on our behalf. Access to your Personally Identifiable Information by such contractors and service providers is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the contractor to perform its limited function for Apption Labs. We also contractually require that such contractors and service providers: 1) protect the privacy of your Personally Identifiable Information consistent with this Policy, and 2) not use or disclose your Personally Identifiable Information for any purpose other than providing us with products and services as required by law.
9. Security Policy & User ID/Password.
Our Websites utilize various information security measures such as internet firewalls, an intrusion detection system, encrypted data transmission, and operating procedures to protect Your personal data, accounts, passwords, etc. This information is kept completely separate and confidential, unless you have given someone-‐else your user ID and password. As such, you should protect your user ID and password and NOT share it with anyone. If you believe your user ID and password have been compromised and you have trouble changing your user ID/password on the Websites, the Apps or the Cloud Services or within the application, please contact our technical support department (firstname.lastname@example.org).
10. CAN-‐SPAM Compliance Notice.
Apption Labs and its affiliates fully comply with the federal CAN-‐SPAM Act. You can always opt out of receipt of further email correspondence from us.
11. Transfer of Ownership.
12. Notice to Residents of Countries outside of the United Kingdom.
Should you have a privacy question about the Websites, the Apps or the Cloud Services, please email our Customer Happiness Team email@example.com.