Looking for a recipe that’s finger-licking good and fancy enough to impress your foodie friends? Look no further, because Chef Chris Jay has got a truffle butter cornish hen recipe that’ll make Gordon Ramsay go ‘bloody hell, that’s delicious!’ Trust us, this dish will have you feeling like the master of the kitchen in no time. Check out Chris’ Instagram or TikTok for more delicious recipes!
- MEATER Plus
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Large cast iron pan
- Sharp knife
- Prep – 15 minutes
- Cook – MEATER will estimate for you!
- 165°F or 75°C – Fully cooked, juicy, tender results 🤤
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp. black truffles
- 1 zest of lemon
- 1 tbsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 lb. tricolor nugget potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic chili pepper Traeger rub
- 2.2 lbs. cornish hen
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 tsp. canola oil
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F, almost as hot as your uncle’s temper.
2. Now, get ready to whip up some truffle magic! In a small bowl, mix together butter, truffle, lemon, salt, and pepper until combined. Don’t be shy with that truffle, it’s the star of the show!
3. It’s time to get up close and personal with that hen. Using your fingers, carefully separate the skin from the breast, and stuff that truffle butter in there like it’s a Thanksgiving turkey.
4. Veggie time! Slice the carrots and zucchini into 1 inch pieces and add them into a large bowl with the potatoes, olive oil, and Traeger rub. Mix everything together until those veggies are evenly seasoned and then transfer everything into a 30cm cast iron pan.
5. Place the thyme sprigs on top of the veggies, followed by the hen. Give it a good rubdown with some oil, salt, and pepper. Then, insert the probe into the center of the thickest part of the hen, and set the internal temp to 165°F using the app.
6. Once MEATER alerts you to remove the hen from the oven, and let it rest.
7. The moment has finally arrived. Once the hen has rested, carve it up and spoon the truffle butter overtop. This is where the magic happens, so go ahead and indulge in every single bite.