Easy, healthy, and delicious! Only Rhonda and Glen aka @MacDogMac on Instagram, can make a recipe like this! This juicy Buffalo Ranch Chicken has got the perfect amount of zing and spice! With your MEATER and this recipe, this chicken is guaranteed to be perfect. Check out Rhonda and Glen’s tasty work for more recipe inspiration!
- MEATER Plus
- Large container w/ lid
- Garlic press
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Medium mixing bowl
- Oven or smoker
- Prep – 3 minutes
- Marinate – 8 hrs to overnight
- Cook – 28 minutes
- 170°F – Fully cooked chicken!
- 1/2 whole chicken
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh green mixed salad
- 4 sprigs thyme (optional)
1. It’s time to chop, chop! Finely chop one garlic clove and add to a mixing bowl. Then add your buffalo hot sauce, ranch, melted butter, pepper, and red pepper flakes to the same bowl. Whisk away until everything is mixed completely! IMPORTANT TIP: Set aside 1/4 cup of marinade for dipping later.
2. Now place the chicken in a large container and completely cover it with the marinade you just made. Then seal the container and leave it in the fridge for at least 8 hours, overnight if your tummy will allow!
3. Once the chicken is done marinating, take it out of the container, and set it onto a cutting board. That saucy chicken is almost ready! Just preheat your oven or smoker to 385°F. Now, grab your handy dandy MEATER Plus and insert the probe into the center of the thickest part of the chicken, past the safety notch line. Then set up your cook in the app with a target internal temperature of 170°F, no undercooked chicken around here!
4. Place the chicken inside the oven or smoker and let MEATER do what it’s best at! The app will notify you when to remove the chicken from heat. While the bird is cooking, mix up a green salad of your choice. We LOVE a good garden salad!
5. Alert, alert! The chicken is ready to be removed from heat! Let it rest on a plate or wooden cutting board, and slightly cover it with foil. Try not to cover the probe to ensure your probe maintains strong connection with the MEATER Plus charger. Wait until MEATER notifies you it’s ready, then slice that chicken and dip it into the reserved marinade!
6. … Make it again because it was so good!